Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Top 5 Quotes From The Nuge
Ted Nugent, the Motor City Madman, gave a free "concert" (read: radio show with backing band) at the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame two weeks ago and let me tell you - gross. If you are into over-tanned wrinkles being covered in black leather this was the PLACE TO BE.
Ol' Ted Bear (I guess you have to know a few Ted Nugent songs to get that reference and it saddens me that I do) more or less talked over his backing band, giving us a free preview of his radio show more than his music catalog. But in his defense, he didn't kill anything with a bow and arrow - which I guess is good. The songs he did play had names like, "Love Grenade", "Weekend Warrior" and my personal favorite "Wang Dang" with the lyric:
"Wang dang, what a sweet poontang
a shakin' my thang as a rang-a-dang-dang in the bell"
It also makes references to being "so sweet when she yanks on my meat". No wonder Sweaty Teddy was a ladies man.
But he had even more memorable quotes than that gem. Here are my - Top 5 Sweaty Teddy Quotes:
1. "Say 'Thank You Uncle Teeeeeeeed!'"
2. "I'd like to thank the military folks out there for goin' 'cross seas and killing assholes. There's a lot of assholes out there and we're lucky we got these guys to go kill all them assholes for us."
3. (While wearing a cowboy hat) "Ain't no country and western bullshit for ten miles around here! Uncle Ted came in and blew that shit right out of Cleveland. This is all rock and roll - you can tell that country bullshit to go on home!"
4. "I'm black. Thats right, I'm black. Where my brothers in the audience at?"
5. "All the kids in the audience get a free machine gun! Aw hell - all the skinny girls get one too! Fat girls...you gotta load em!"